Change. There’s a word that we hear daily – and in nearly every area of our lives. You need to change your oil, change your attitude, change your password, change your diet (especially after the holidays). The world is changing. Our leaders are changing. The laws are changing. The laws are changing back. And so on.
But nothing changes if nothing changes. Right?
As Americans, it is ingrained in our roots to always strive for something better – for change. The pilgrims came to the new world for a better life – and change of location was how they determined that they could achieve that goal.
At HL Group, we’re about to announce the release of our mobilePLUS 4.0 product. Like everything else, our solutions need to grow and evolve – and change – with the needs of our customers. Naturally, I could go on and on about how great our products and solutions are (seriously, I really could). But I’ll let you get more information about those here and here.
As we’re getting ready for the 4.0 release, it has gotten me thinking more and more about change. So instead of going on about mobilePLUS, I’d like to share some quotes that I’ve come across over the years on change. Some are new. Some are old. All still seem relevant in business – and life.
- A rolling stone gathers no moss. -Yiddish Proverb
- A rolling stone gathers no moss, but it gains a certain polish. -Oliver Herford
- When you’re finished changing, you’re finished. -Benjamin Franklin
- The price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change. -Bill Clinton
- If you don’t like change, you will like irrelevance even less. -General Eric Shinseki
- If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living. -Gail Sheehy
- When it becomes more difficult to suffer than to change… you will change. – Robert Anthony
- He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery. -Harold Wilson
- I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better. -Georg C. Lichtenberg
- Change before you have to. -Jack Welch
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. -R. Buckminster Fuller
- Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. –Will Rodgers
- It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory. -W. Edwards Deming
- To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often. -Winston Churchill
- Your success in life isn’t based on your ability to simply change. It is based on your ability to change faster than your competition, customers, and business. -Mark Sanborn
- The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence; it is to act with yesterday’s logic. –Peter Drucker
- Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change. –Confucius
- Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times. –Niccolo Machiavelli
- There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction. -Winston Churchill
- Change is inevitable–except from a vending machine. -Robert C. Gallagher
Now that you’re with me on change – contact me about how you’re managing your fixed asset inventories. Maybe it’s time for that to change too. And then I can tell you all about our mobilePLUS 4.0 solution.
Hey, I’m a solution provider with a shiny, new product release – you knew I was going to plug it a little more, right?