As we finish another year at HL Group, I think it is a great time to reflect on where we are – and also thank all of those who make this company successful. We celebrated our 20th Anniversary last summer – and we didn’t get here on our own. Our success has grown from a broad community of folks including our employees, partners, customers and our friends. Every one brings a vital contribution and is critical to our success.
Of my 20+ years of business ownership, 2018 has been the most exciting and rewarding. This year we:
- Officially transitioned from Integrator to Software Manufacturer with the launch of our first HLG-owned solution (mobilePLUS)
- Completely changed our marketing and sales strategy (Yes, an old dog can learn new tricks)
- Established some great new partnerships
- Updated ALL of our clients to current product versions (Yippee!!!! No stragglers!!!)
- Re-established some old relationships and networks (and friendships that have been missed)
Business is personal – and the older I get, the more I have come to understand this. The rekindled relationships with some of these acquaintances predate HL Group. And even beyond the laughs and emotions that come from this type of renewal – they also are now responsible for some of our greatest prospects for 2019.
We have some interesting plans and goals for 2019 – but we can talk about that next week. This week, I simply wanted to say thank you to all of those people and organizations that make us great!
Remember, that while we may be strong individually, that strength doesn’t compare to that of a collective group of like-minded and committed folks. That is what I feel our HLG community delivers to us – and has made us who we are.
Happy New Year Everyone!
Wes Haubein is the President of HL Group, Inc., a premier provider of mobile asset inventory management, RFID and supply chain solutions. He writes regularly about management, solution integration and technology.